Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) is a CDC and WHO recognized chemical disinfectant, suitable for effective COVID-19 Coronavirus infection prevention & control.
Yes, COVID-19 is susceptible to chlorine dioxide. No, chlorine dioxide is NOT a medical treatment.
It's a shame that chlorine dioxide, which has been such an effective disinfectant for several decades, has suddenly become confused with the recent spate of spurious, quack medical "treatments" touted by weak-minded and shady characters. Such ignorant and dangerous "claims" hurt us all. Especially today, when safely, quickly and thoroughly disinfecting our homes and businesses is critical.
The recent conspiracy theory started when a Twitter user pointed out that the disease is included on a list of pathogens destroyed by chlorine dioxide solution - but failed to mention that chlorine dioxide is an antimicrobial disinfectant, not for internal use. Intentionally or not, the misinformed Twitter conspiracy theorist decided to call a disinfectant chemical (cleaner) an antibiotic pharmaceutical (medicine). He could have chosen formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and hit closer. The fact is disinfectants and antibiotics are totally different categories comprising totally different items - like paint and apple pie, they simply are not made for the same use. The links above should make the difference crystal clear.
Chlorine dioxide solution is a powerful industrial disinfectant. It is also recommended by WHO and other agencies for municipal water purification to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and parasites because it is effective at low dosages and does not form harmful THMs (trihalomethanes) like bleach does (which is why chlorine dioxide gradually replaced the use of bleach in many municipal water treatment plants). By the time potable water gets to the tap, all the chlorine dioxide has evaporated, leaving nothing but clean drinking water (so even then, you don't drink it).